Although developed a few years ago, face recognition software has found to be extremely useful and has gained popularity among people amid the COVID-19. With human contact being one of the reasons for the contraction of the deadly virus, these contactless recognition systems prove to be the need of the hour. The face recognition software has created quite an impact in the first quarter of 2020. Experts believe that it is only the beginning of the advanced biometric system trend in the coming years; the demand will reach its zenith.
Let’s us see its usage across the globe
- There is a need for the government to strictly imply lockdown regulations. The Moscow government is using the face recognition system to monitor whether people are complying with the quarantine orders.
- China is using the face recognition system to verify people are wearing masks.
- The face recognition system is increasingly trailed and deployed in Australia. Queensland and Western Australia are using real-time face recognition software through CCTV cameras.
- The Australian police force is using the face recognition system to identify the public from the online photos to locate the suspects and for other purposes.
- The use of face recognition by the immigration officers to match the people along with their passport images. Most of the governments are shifting to the advanced face recognition system as it proves to be effective.
With the lockdown relaxation announced by the government, corporations, and other organizations are concerned about the safety of their employees. With the contactless attendance software, they can provide a safe means of recognizing the corporate employee recognition system.
Market trends related to the Face recognition system
- According to Market and Market reports, currently, the facial recognition market is estimated at $3.2 billion, and it is expected to grow to $7 billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 16%.
- A face recognition based biometric system is one of the most looked after software in the midst of the Coronavirus outbreak. It uses advanced technology like Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms to bring out accurate results.
- As per central data information, one in four Americans thinks the government must use these high-tech recognition systems for security and surveillance.
- According to Statista, 49% of people believe that shoplifters can be identified if the face recognition system integrated with CCTV is installed in major stores.
- According to reservation.com, 97% of the airports in the US will employ face recognition systems.
Modes by which Face recognition software can be deployed
With the companies’ varying needs, there is a need for different types of employee attendance software. Choose the model for your organization that meets the requirements of the employees.
- Based on Camera: The IP camera is part of the door lock system. This recognition is deployed at the entrance of every department. So employees can enter and leave only after attendance system approves them. The face recognition system can be deployed in standalone mode or by using severs. This system can be employed in hospitals, education institutions, and so on.
- Based on Tablet: This is suitable for people who are looking for a minimal infrastructure based attendance system. Another perk is that this system requires limited internet connectivity.
- Based on mobile: Companies can use these systems for incorporating ‘work from home’ environments. During the COVID-19 outbreak, most of the companies and other organizations have provided ‘work from home’ for their employees, this software will provide an effective means of marking attendance for them.
With flexibility, employee time attendance software is one of the best softwares to incorporate for your organization.
The market for face recognition software is driven by COVID-19
Coronavirus has awakened the need for the latest technology, one among that is the face recognition software. It provides quick and accurate recognition of faces, and also it can adapt itself to a dynamic environment, so multiple faces can be simultaneously identified. As it has been a secure means of identifying people, it is employed at the US border to recognize the trespassers. Here are some of the fields that can make effective use of this software.
Health care Industry
COVID-19 pandemic has changed the dynamics of the healthcare sectors. Hospitals are overflowing with patients, and they are finding it difficult to manage. When the Employee time attendance software is integrated with patients’ records, doctors can scan and look up the concerned patients’ records, schedule appointments, and many more. Apart from that, these systems can also be used to check if patients and the attendees are wearing face masks. China is extensively using the advanced recognition system in hospitals and other healthcare dispensaries.