Getting captivated by swing dancing is a cakewalk. This style is not too hard to get to grips with, it’s an excellent ‘battery recharger’, and a fantastic workout, too! Whether you’re about to head to your first swing lesson or are already a professional, opting for the right pair of dance shoes is paramount. In this piece, we’ll cover the importance of finding the best footwear for swing dancing. Also, we’ll provide some tips on making the right choice in this respect. Keep reading for details.
Before we proceed, here’s a quick outline of the parameters to take into account when shopping for the right swing footwear for you:
- heel height;
- material quality.
What Makes Swing Shoes Different
Irrespective of whether you need pointe shoes for wide feet or swing shoes for regular feet, your dance footwear is crucial. Because aside from looking all sassy and elegant, your dance shoes also come with some vital functions that take your performance and overall excellence to a brand new level.
Dance shoes provide a cozy fit that is neither too tight nor too loose. They incorporate flexible material that makes your dance moves free and fluid. Thanks to the footwear’s non-slip soles, your chances of mastering the dance style relatively quickly get a significant boost. Swing dance shoes boast thinner soles compared to your regular footwear. This contributes to your being lighter on your feet than ever.
Although some people may recommend that you use your regular shoes during your beginner swing classes, it’s best not to. The thing is, the soles of your regular shoes are no good for any kind of dancing at all. They may actually lead to serious injuries.
With that said, what makes swing-focused dance shoes different is that they are made expressly for this style of dancing. Thus, opting for the best style-specific footwear for you should be among your utmost priorities.
Swing Dancing Footwear: Criteria to Consider
- proper fit: opting for the best-suiting size is paramount, for it will influence your progress;
- sole specificity: ensure the sole you’ll stick with is not prone to slipping, yet avoid choosing the kind of shoe sole that comes with no grip at all;
- comfortability: bear in mind that how comfy your footwear will be is determined by the type of padding;
- heel height: men should opt for 1-inches, while the ladies’ best choice is 3-inch platforms;
- insoles: only purchase footwear that comes with soft padded liners, for they prevent blisters;
- sufficient support: high-quality footwear for swing dancing boasts an arch that grants you additional support;
- material specificity: heat and sweat are your swing’s enemies. Therefore, breathability is key when pinpointing the right footwear material for you.
To Wrap Up: Choose Quality
Swing is a dynamic dance infused with a multitude of vigorous moves that require speed and freedom to master. That’s exactly what a good pair of swing dance shoes add up to. With all that said, always stick with quality when shopping for this type of footwear. Have anything to add on the topic? Leave a reply in the comment section below. We value your two cents greatly.