Content marketing is a proven way to attract an audience and add new customers to your existing bunch.
But, with a large pool of content already out there, how do you ensure yours gets better reach? Staying up to date with content trends is a sure shot way to succeed with your digital marketing efforts.
Check out these current trends to up your online marketing game.
- Social Media Marketing Is Essential
An estimated 3.6 billion people use social media platforms and the number is expected to rise in near future. With an average user spending 144 minutes a day, sharing content on these sites is a must.
Channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest help in connecting with your audience. Using social media, you can improve your brand reach, visibility, conversion and customer loyalty.
Consider these things when sharing on social media:
- Create a buyer persona using social media analytics.
- Identify the networks for use. For instance, a finance brand may do well on Linkedin, Twitter, or even Facebook instead of Instagram.
- Analyze your competitors.
- Set social media goals and create a calendar.
- Be consistent for better visibility.
- Perform an audit from time to time.
- Videos Continue to Rule
People are looking for engaging and easy-to-consume information, which is why 92% of marketers incorporate video in their online marketing strategy. With 86% of people wanting to see more videos from brands, it is time to cash in on video content.
Things to remember when creating videos:
- Pick a platform. YouTube continues to entice businesses. TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Vimeo, and LinkedIn are other options.
- Make videos on product demos, how-to content, Q&A sessions, BTS, expert interviews, etc.
- Bring in influencers or followers to do it for you.
Live streaming videos is also a recommended option.
- User-Generated Content (UGC) Continues to Shine
A restaurant’s social media post will not necessarily entice you to visit. But, two friends recommending the same restaurant will make you eager to visit. Brands are leveraging this psychology to enhance credibility.
UGC is created by the user featuring your products or services. It helps position your brand as inclusive, which helps increase customer trust.
Points to remember when using UGC:
- Typically, Instagram is the primary platform for UGC. Based on your venture you can use multiple mediums.
- Try variations of UGC:
- Blog/social media comments
- User-generated videos, including product demos and ratings
- Visual testimonials
- Unboxing videos
- Polls, quizzes, carousels, and contests
- Design campaigns around UGC and take a cue from other brands.
Starbucks is one such brand that knows how to use UGC in its favor.
- The Future of Podcast Is Bright
Audio content is becoming popular, thanks to the convenience it offers. Commuting or cooking, podcasts are a form of content that is easy to consume.
The number of podcast listeners has tripled in a decade. Since many businesses are still to join the bandwagon, the scope remains wide.
Points to remember when doing podcasts:
- Do it with intent as quality matters.
- Check if your audience wants it
- Podcasts can be created on topics including productivity, leadership, life, history, books, yoga, etc. Select suitable ones.
- Create a schedule, including a list of speakers.
- Being a guest on someone’s podcast is also an option.
- Personalized Content Is in Demand
The modern consumer has no time for one-size-fits-all content. They want tailored content that addresses their unique needs. 90% of consumers say they will shop if brands give tailored offers.
Keep this in mind when building personalized content:
- Use analytics to get deeper insights into your audience’s behavior.
- Automate the curation and delivery of content.
- Personalize social media interactions
- Create personalized social media and email campaigns based on your audience’s requirements.
- Mobile Optimization Is a Must
Today, mobile is a go-to medium to access information online. 1.2 billion people are browsing the web through their phones. Be it an article or website, user-friendliness of content is a must in your digital marketing strategy.
A poor user experience results in failed SEO efforts. Make sure your content is easy to access by optimizing your content for mobile.
Points to remember when optimizing content for mobile:
- Content will not look the same on desktop and mobile. For instance, Gmail for phones is not the same when you view it on a desktop.
- Use a readable font and text size. No user likes to zoom in and out.
- Avoid cluttering it with chunks of content and elements.
- Use Google’s Mobile-Friendly tool to test.
- Make sure it loads fast.
- Guest Blogging Makes a Comeback
Guest blogging is a proven technique to draw traffic and improve SEO. It has come back to the spotlight as a core element of content marketing endeavors.
It is beneficial for both the writer and the host. Guest blogs help establish authority and provide valuable information to readers.
Points to remember when guest blogging:
- Start guest blogging with your business partners.
- Check their following, engagement and digital presence before proceeding.
- Provide real insights to readers with every blog.
- Don’t forget to link it back to your website.
- Repost it on social media
- Focus on quality, not quantity
Effective SEO and digital marketing plans are incomplete without these content trends. Analyze your business objectives and align your marketing efforts with them, and remember to stay authentic for success.