When you have the right tools with you, any job can become easier and simpler to execute. Creating a work of art, cooking, maintaining your health or managing your business, all have specialised tools to get the best results. SEO is no different, and if you can have tools to help in its every aspect, you must use them to create its effectiveness. It is, after all, for the growth of your business.
There are tools for SEO that cover aspects like keyword search, monitoring the performance of your webpage, optimising the content on your page, checking and reporting your links and backlinks and so on. Here is a compilation of some of the tools that cover the most common needs in SEO and must not be missed. There could be other tools that offer the same service, and you are free to choose them as well.
Check Your Content
Some important aspects of your content that must be taken care of are originality, authenticity and language. You must not have duplicate content posted on your website. The language must be grammatically correct, crisp and easy to understand. There are tools available to take care of these aspects.
- Copyscape scans your content and compares it with other content available online to check if duplication of content is taking place. You can then take adequate steps to rectify this
- Grammarly is a free grammar checker tool that also suggests options for framing better sentences
Use the Best Keywords
Keywords play a very important role not just in your content but throughout your website and various other aspects of SEO. The choice of these is critical. Using tools for suggesting the most relevant keywords based on your query can make the job easier.
- Keywordtool.io is one such tool that helps you generate several keywords from one.
- Using the Google Keyword Planner, you can access statistics related to a particular keyword including search volumes, competition and other suggestions for keywords
Keep Evaluating Your Website
Various aspects define the performance of a website. There are tools to evaluate each of them and to let you know where you need to take some action. Some such tools are:
- Google Pagespeed Insights – Evaluates the speed of your website on a variety of devices, assesses user experience and provides inputs for improvement
- Google Analytics – Provides a complete analysis of the traffic on your website
- Google Search Console – Provides analysis and error reports for your website; a similar service for Bing is provided by Bing Webmaster Tools
- SEO Web Page Analyser – provides a comprehensive analysis of the webpage and identifies issues that could affect its performance
Check Your Links and Backlinks
For any website, you can find out the top backlinks using a tool. It gives you an opportunity to check if the backlinks you are getting are as desired by you. You can also check the backlinks of a competitor to discover missed opportunities.
- Ahref’s backlink checker is one such tool that shows the top 100 backlinks
- Moz link explorer can also provide a full analysis of your backlinks
- LinkMiner helps you to identify any broken links on the webpage
Check the Appearance of Your Website
Other than the performance of your website, it is important to analyse how it appears to the search engines and how it would appear on SERPs.
- BrowSEO helps you see the website as search engines see them. It allows you to understand any misgivings that could impact SEO and rectify the same.
- SERP simulator can help you view your website on the results page as it would appear to a consumer.
Accompanied by the right SEO services, these tools and many more to analyse where you could be going wrong or what aspects are proving right for you, you can increase your scope of ranking higher in the search engines.