We all occupy the new normal post of the Covid-19 crisis in the world. Even though the epidemic has not ended, there is an urge to return to normalcy and to be free from quarantine and enterprise. This can be risky but not at all uncertain as all we need to do are some precautions. With the help of American Airlines Reservations, you can book a flight ticket.
We know that a small guide can be given about the precautions you need to take before implementing your travel plans. it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Decide on a destination
Since traveling abroad is not an option, now you have to choose your interstate travel wisely. Here you should keep in mind:
- Keep in mind the case count in that particular city/state. It is best to avoid cases where cases are increasing.
- Each state of India lists its travel policies and quarantine rules. You may have to quarantine yourself for 2 weeks straight.
Taking a flight
With airlines flying again, you may want to experience the rush and head to travel to your favorite destination. It looks quite attractive but before doing so you have to take extreme security measures. It is now safer to fly as airport and airline officials are taking a series of precautions to reduce the spread.
- Wear protective gear or PPE. If not, wearing a mask and hygiene is a must.
- Choose an airline that you trust and will ensure complete safety for your passengers.
- Upgrade to first-class if possible. The first class is usually at a greater distance and makes it easier to overcome.
- Disinfectant wipes to clean all surfaces you will be in contact with – from the seat, from the toilet to the tray table to ensure extra caution.
- Avoid food handling unless it is a long flight.
- Limited toilet breaks and does not wait in line for use.
- Do not take the form of queues as soon as the plane lands, wait for instructions.
Hotel & Homestay
You may have to quarantine yourself in a hotel or may need a place to stay when you get to your travel destination. If you are traveling solo then choose a hotel but if you are traveling with someone it makes social distance easier. Hurry Book your flight with American Reservations.
- When you arrive at your hotel or homestay, clean the surfaces once again. You can prioritize high-touch objects such as keys, remotes, and handles. Thoroughly clean them before settling.
- Ask your accommodation for a clean sheet and replace them yourself.
- For homestays, make sure there is a difference of at least 3 days between the previous resident and you. This reduces the possibility of transmission through surfaces.
- If possible, heat your food before consumption in homestays and hotels.
- Visit shared spaces such as pools, gyms, and during off-peak hours or when there are very few people around.
Trips are accompanied by explorations. You’ll want to venture out and chill after a few days of quarantine. You can do your due diligence but others may not follow the rules honestly. What to do here
- Visiting Parks: Keep a distance of at least 4-6 feet between people and carry your own mat/cloth to spread out and freeze. Avoid benches or any other surfaces.
- Shopping: You can go to local markets. Carry your carry bag. Avoid crowded shops and return every item to your residence.
- Going to the malls: Some malls have opened up and you may be tempted for some window shopping. Since malls are larger than marketplaces, it is comparatively safer. However, you must ensure distancing, carry disinfectant wipes to clean the table and chairs you are using.
Transportation is available
In order to travel outside and to the destination, you have to commute. Currently, local transport is not the best option.
- Take control of your location, and clean the surfaces before you drive. This is a safe option.
- Ask the provider about the difference between previous renters and you. If there is an option, ask for a car that is not used for 3-4 days.
Obviously, road trips are safer than taking flights. Self-drive is now the new safe drive.
- Piles on food, hygiene requirements, gloves, masks. It is best to avoid buying on the way.
- Avoid resting in crowded areas.
- You have to stop at petrol pumps, so be sure to wear masks, play with cards, and clean all surfaces that have been touched by employees. Getaway
- If you buy something along the way, including packaged food, be sure to dispose of any packaging/plastic/bag before storing it in your car, cleaning the item, and your hands as well.
Summer can tempt you with a beach getaway. You want to hit coastal places like Goa, Kovalam, Gokarna. It is a safe activity but here is what you should do at the beach:
- Visit offbeat and secluded beaches. Commercial beaches can be crowded and risky.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer with you.
- Disinfect any equipment before use.
- Do not use beach shakes and sunbeds. Take a mat or a spread for yourself.
- Ensure proper distance while sitting in the sun or while dipping. Do not forget to bathe before taking a bath.
These are most of the precautions you need to take. Also, you need to think on your feet. You need to be vigilant before using public areas, elevators, and other facilities. This is not at all as scary as we think it is. Just small measures and you can take the journey you have been waiting for. Just be safe and you’re good to go!